Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Stop the Insanity!

This is one of those crazy weeks where I don't know if I'm coming or going. Fortunately ::knock wood:: the migraine attack has let up on me for some reason, just as unknown as the reason for which it came on in the first place. I have worked two full days with equally full dockets at night, particularly yesterday. Megan had a meet at 8:00, and I brought the Doll to watch, and Megan got beaten in the 100 free but ended up winning, because the other girl moved on the block and got disqualified.

Brian has been going to PT and swimming, he will finish swimming next week for now, and PT will probably wind down to once a week, and eventually they'll want him on home exercises. I'm just so happy that they approved and paid for it at all. We see the neurologist on Thursday (next) so I hope we will get a good report. Remember to put in the good word with the powers that be. I have no reason to expect otherwise, based on the PT reports, but I never let my guard down, after that first visit. And the guy wonders why I hate to come and see him!

So the strangest thing has started to happen: colleges are sending Megan their brochures! E had mentioned she has been getting emails, but these are full color brochures coming in the USPS for Megan! She got one from University of Tampa today and two or three others, all in the same box. I can't even look at them yet; it's just way too soon. Why do they waste their money? At least E is registered as a junior. Megan is a sophomore! One was some sort of 'early college' where you drop out of high school to go to college when you're in 10th grade! Who would want to do that?!

Anyway, other than the insanity, there isn't a whole lot else going on. In other news, Kevin is still in Sweden, he will be back on Friday. I decided I would make a doctor's appointment for myself to get these recurrent white spots on my tonsils checked out - I think they are some awful malady called 'tonsil stones' but I don't like the one I have now, it's been there for a week or more and looks like a big fuzzy cauliflower clinging to my tonsil. I thought I might as well confirm the diagnosis. A part of it fell off last week, but then came back :-( and I'm tired of the unfortunate events that occur as a result of my self-treatment, like the other night when I accidentally swallowed some hydrogen peroxide while gargling, and thought I was going to blow up from a build-up of gas in my stomach and esophagus.

Fortunately, I survived, but unfortunately, so did my cauliflower tonsil. Anyway, I figured as long as I'm there, may as well ask for a prescription for some migraine meds, just in case. And I'll get a blood pressure check, although with the cycle of life lately, I don't know if that's a good idea! On the other hand, if this confounded thing will resolve itself before then, I will be thrilled to cancel the appointment!

No comments: